An annual celebration of the magic that happens when crisps are placed between two slices of bread.
- 21st September 2023 Get ready for the big day by ordering a Crisp Sandwich Day T shirt (3 different flavours available), with all profits going to The Trussell Trust, and a lovely CSD mug (sold at cost price).
- 19th September 2023 It’s nearly that time of year again! We want the second Crisp Sandwich Day to be even bigger than the first, so we’d love to hear from pubs/cafés/takeaways interested in taking part, and anyone can join in by printing off the poster and putting it up somewhere.
2022 news archive
- 26th October 2022 Thanks to everyone who took part and made it an amazing day! Here are just some of the dozens of photos posted online yesterday from around the world. See you next year..? Pics by: @robtibbles @JimmerUK @julieannennis @billybudd23 @TheShirkersRest @vr_sam @Tilly5001 @pghmyers @JudeCoram @Centuries_Sound @joz_freeman @cackhanded @IamHappyToast @oxygenthiefYEAH @RickEtyhat
- 25th October 2022 Keep up with all the latest pics etc via #CrispSandwichDay on Twitter
- 25th October 2022 People of Dublin, get yourselves a takeaway crisp sandwich from Berman & Wallace for today only. Their recipe: “Tayto Cheese & Onion, Butter, Brennan’s White Bread… end of”
- 25th October 2022 It’s the big day! Want to celebrate in a pub? The Shirker’s Rest in New Cross, London, is offering free bread and butter with every bag of crisps (while stocks last), while over in Barnstaple, N Devon, Latitude 48 will give you a free crisp sandwich with a pint if you whisper “Crispin said so” (again, while stocks last!).
- 20th October 2022 Yesterday we went “QR bombing” in London to make sure tourists know about Crisp Sandwich Day and spread the word back home. We visited the Houses of Parliament (apparently there was some fuss going on inside?) and Trafalgar Square, then tried in vain to distract people from the horrors of M&M’s World. Follow the whole afternoon in the Twitter thread.
- 18th October 2022 With a week to go until the big day, @JimmerUK went on a pilgrimage to St. Crispin House to help spread the word.
- 14th October 2022 Crisp Sandwich Day is now featured in Days Of The Year. According to the site, it’s going to be competing with World Pasta Day, National Greasy Foods Day, Sourest Day and Punk for a Day Day.
- 12th October 2022 Is your birthday on Crisp Sandwich Day? Get in touch and we’ll send you a load of crisps so you can celebrate properly (first 3 to respond, UK only).
- 30th September 2022 You can now also dress for the occasion while helping a good cause - Apparel of Laughs has Crisp Sandwich Day T shirts in 3 different flavours, with all profits going to The Trussell Trust. Which flavour suits you..?
- 27th September 2022 Want to celebrate the big day in style? Get yourself a Crisp Sandwich Day mug to sip your tea/coffee from while enjoying a tasty crisp sandwich (we’ve set 0% markup, and at the time of writing there’s a 30%-off coupon code on the site).
- 22nd September 2022 If you put up our poster somewhere and send us a photo that gets featured in this news section, we’ll send you some free crisps to say thanks (UK only).
- 6th September 2022 Latitude 48 in Barnstaple will be offering a free crisp sandwich with every pint on 25th October if you utter the magic words “Crispin said so”. Manager Liam Fairlie says “We love celebrating quirky things like this and look forward to being a part of it.”
- 1st September 2022 Planning something special for the big day? Whether you’re a restaurant adding a crisp sandwich to your menu, or just going to treat yourself to one, let us know via @VOLEwtf or volewtf at gmail dot com
- 1st September 2022 Hello! Crisp Sandwich Day is a new event to celebrate the iconic foodstuff every October, established by ButtyStock and VOLE.wtf but owned by everyone.
Join in now
- Print the poster and put it up in your office/school/shop/kitchen/toilet
- Share this site and use #CrispSandwichDay
- Get the mug (0% profit margin) or a T shirt (profits to charity)
- Want to appear in the news section? Contact @VOLEwtf on Twitter or email volewtf at gmail dot com to tell us how you’re joining in